Garments of Denial: When the Stain Demands Departure
Stain, Stain
I know what people have shared with me. This customer cries:
"I tried everything. I tried baking soda, vinegar, Awesome degreaser, periodic bleach, oxy, laundry powder...
" Look, she received one final ingredient: Salt and lime. She gasped,
"I am going to try it as soon as I get home!"
As the poet in me watched this unfold,
I compared this stubborn stain to the refusal of us humans to accept changes.
We can be just as stubborn as a stain on a white garment.
We live in denial of accepting defeat,
unable to see the plain truth that we don't belong here anymore.
We come and display ourselves even when the signs are all there telling us it is time to let go.
Yet, we humans refuse to break the alliance and depart.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What story defines romance for you?
Share your thoughts or recommendations below.
Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.