๐งผ The Second Mop: Cleansing the Temple
The clock reads 2:00 AM, and the world is wrapped in absolute stillness. This is my sacred hour—the time for prayer, for alignment, and for putting my home in order before the day demands its pieces.
Living close to the roadside means my windows stay open to catch the breeze, but it also means the dust of the world quietly drifts inside, settling on the floors while I sleep.
This morning, as I wrung out the mop, I looked down at the water. It was dark. Dirty.
Usually, I’d think nothing of it—just the price of roadside living. But in the quiet of the morning, the Holy Spirit spoke a deeper truth to my heart. I looked at that water and thought:
Wow. Is that how my body, my soul, actually looks?
Our bodies are temples, yet we let the windows of our minds stay open to the dust, the noise, the traffic, and the heavy energies of the world. We accumulate a surface-level grime without even realizing it.
I knew a quick pass wouldn’t do. Today, the temple required an intentional purification. I emptied the bucket, rinsed it out, and did a second mopping with pure, clean water. And as I wiped the floors clean, I surrendered the internal temple, too. I prayed:
"Lord, come clean my soul. Wash away the dust I didn't even know I was carrying."
The moment the physical and spiritual housecleaning was done, I walked out onto the back porch.
I looked up, and it was as if He instantly cast my eyes upon the sky to show me the answer to my prayer. There it was: a majestic, fiery dawn breaking through the heavy shadows of the night. A canvas of deep crimson and shifting clouds, undergoing its own magnificent transition.
The dust of the night was being washed away by the light.
He didn't just clean the floor this morning; He cleared the porch, cleansed the soul, and met me at the dawn to show me the beauty of a fresh start.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What story defines romance for you?
Share your thoughts or recommendations below.
Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.