When Things Disassemble
This morning, in the quiet pre-dawn hours, I was deep in the rhythm of tending to my Sanctuary. I was mopping the floors, washing away the dust of the week, when suddenly—snap. The mop head completely disassembled from the stick.
Right there, in the middle of a half-wet floor, everything stopped.
Later, as I stood under the warm water of the shower, washing the physical effort of the morning away, a profound thought dropped into my spirit. That broken mop wasn't just an inconvenience; it was a perfect mirror for how we behave when life suddenly breaks apart in our hands.
When a situation disassembles around us, humanity generally scatters into four distinct paths:
Outrage: We let frustration take the wheel. We get angry at the broken tool, throw our hands up, and let a minor sway shatter our inner peace.
Giving Up: We drop the handle, leave the floor half-wet, and walk away entirely because the path didn’t remain perfect.
Compromise: We find a messy, halfway fix just to scrape by, settling for less than what we set out to accomplish.
Resilience: We look at the pieces on the floor, acknowledge that the parts came out, but stay so anchored in our purpose that we gently find a way to finish the job.
I chose to finish cleaning my floors this morning. The tool broke, but my vision for a clean space didn't.
Life will inevitably pull the handle right out of your grip sometimes. Your plans will disassemble. But remember: a breakdown of your tools does not have to mean a breakdown of your peace. Anchor your heart, choose resilience, and keep moving forward until your space is clean.
Stay rhythmic,
— #HUMBLELOVE

No comments:
Post a Comment
What story defines romance for you?
Share your thoughts or recommendations below.
Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.