The Threshold of Voila
The wind came first, a sudden draft, To claim the glass upon the shelf.
It shattered down, a sudden crash
The past dissolving by itself.
I swept the shards into the pan, And cleared the space of yesterday,
Then laid the lace and doilies down To soften where the shadows lay.
A quiet thought began to bloom,
To call your name, to ask your mind, If you would like the altered room,
And what your eyes would hope to find.
I brushed the sudden spark away,
And turned to fetch the final trace When looking up, the shadows stirred,
An image climbing up the space.
And there you stood, upon the wood, A sudden voilà on the stair.
The world paused spinning where we stood,
Two frozen spirits suspended there. The door flung wide, the air stood still, For minutes lost in disbelief— Until I pulled you to my chest,
And found a lifetime of relief.
No words could match the quiet rush,
No camera caught the sacred view.
Just broken glass, a dusty brush,
And hands that won’t stop holding you.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What story defines romance for you?
Share your thoughts or recommendations below.
Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.