The Distance Between the Heartbeats
He was a quiet building when he stood beside me, All stone and steady breath, Choosing silence over the surge of words While we shared the same St. Lucian air. I didn't need the declaration then— I had the warmth of his shadow And the rhythm of his "here."
But now the map has stretched, And the miles have unlocked the door. From a distance, the whispers turn to anchors, And the "not saying much" Has become a harvest of "I admire you."
Perhaps the space was the soil The "Unspoken Bloom" needed to grow. For though he is far from my touch, His words are finally reaching my shore— Reminding me that some foundations are built in silence, But they are celebrated in the light of the missing.
Read the companion piece on the persistent strength of the city here: The Tarmac and the Tide

No comments:
Post a Comment
What story defines romance for you?
Share your thoughts or recommendations below.
Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.