G-Q4MZR7EZ43 The Unspoken Bloom: The Thief of Time: Why Procrastination is a B.I.T.C.H
Your Gateway to My Poetic Universe Unlock the heartbeat of the Sanctuary. Step into the Vault to hear the raw, unmasked voice behind every verse. Click here to enter the Universe

The Thief of Time: Why Procrastination is a B.I.T.C.H

 

The Thief of Time

 Procrastination is a B.I.T.C.H


"A candid photograph taken during a daytime power outage at a department store in Saint Lucia. A grey metal security gate is partially lowered, with a cardboard sign reading 'OUTAGE / CLOSED TEMP' visible. Natural daylight illuminates the front area where six female coworkers in uniform are gathered. In the foreground, the friend from the post (as seen in image_2.png) is visibly hesitating, looking toward the entrance while a smaller coworker beside her encourages her to step out, actively speaking and gesturing. Behind them at the main service counter, four other coworkers are grouped together, observing the situation with expressions of concern and uncertainty. The dimly lit aisles are visible in the background under hanging department signs, with merchandise faintly visible. Natural light and power lines are outside the gate."


We have all met her. She whispers in your ear that you have plenty of time, wraps you up in a blanket of comfort, and helps you build a mountain of excuses. But make no mistake—she isn't your friend.

Just today at work, during a sudden one-hour power outage, the perfect window of opportunity opened up. One of my coworkers had the chance to step out and handle something. But instead of moving, she let Her take the wheel. She hasted about going, searching for every single excuse she could find under the sun just to stay put.

"I'll wait a little." "Maybe I shouldn't go just yet."

And just like that, the hour vanished. Finally, the current came back on. The moment the lights flickered, she suddenly found her motivation and decided she was ready to go. But the universe has a funny way of teaching us lessons. Right as she went to move, the boss had to step out, locking her down at her desk.

There she was, left with that heavy, annoying weight in her chest, saying,

"Boy, I should have gone... but it's too late now. I'll just go on my lunch break later."

Boy, I tell you, isn't she really a bitch?

Procrastination doesn't just make us delay our tasks; she actively steals our windows of freedom. She makes us comfortable in our hesitation, only to leave us standing in regret when the door slams shut. Opportunity doesn't wait for us to stop making excuses. When the power goes out, you have to move before the current comes back to tie you down.

Don't let her trick you today. When the window opens, take the stride—before it's too late.

✍🏽 Written by HumbleLove


No comments:

Post a Comment

What story defines romance for you?

Share your thoughts or recommendations below.

Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.