G-Q4MZR7EZ43 The Unspoken Bloom: Secret in the Marriage: A Poem on Self-Care and Hidden Spaces
Your Gateway to My Poetic Universe Unlock the heartbeat of the Sanctuary. Step into the Vault to hear the raw, unmasked voice behind every verse. Click here to enter the Universe

Secret in the Marriage: A Poem on Self-Care and Hidden Spaces

 "I asked her where the pictures were, and she smiled a quiet truth: 'I didn’t take any, cause I didn't want my husband to know...' 🀫🍽️"


A beautifully composed close-up photograph of a baked lasagna casserole served in its unique blue-and-white striped, surfboard-patterned bowl. A fork lifts a layer of wavy pasta coated in melted, bubbly browned cheese and rich tomato sauce with a piece of zucchini. The bowl sits centered on the original textured black place mat, but the background has been transformed into a warm, rustic dining nook. The scene is illuminated by soft, natural light coming from a blurred window. In the gently out-of-focus background, a small, antique-style terracotta oil lamp with a soft flame flickers, alongside a few fresh sprigs of green basil, creating a peaceful and intimate atmosphere. The entire scene rests on weathered, rich wood surface.
A close-up shot of a rich, comforting pasta bake or lasagna served in a decorative blue-and-white striped bowl featuring surfboard patterns. A metal fork lifts a wavy layer of pasta coated in bubbly, golden-brown baked cheese and a thick, savory tomato sauce with a piece of zucchini.


Secret in the Marriage

A Sunday afternoon stepped out in secret, to taste a luscious meal, a quiet grace. 

No flash of cameras, no evidence to keep it— just a solitary woman, occupying space.

"Where are the pictures?" I asked as time unfolded, on a swift Monday morning by the display shelves.

 She smiled a quiet truth, a confession safely molded: "I didn't take any. I kept it for myself."

Because to document the joy is sometimes to disrupt it, and to explain the price is to heavy the mind. 

She wanted the luxury without a husband to judge it, a moment of stillness, beautifully designed.

The food tasted nice, the waters were deep, a pricey little sanctuary, a sacred receipt.

 Some secrets aren't burdens we carry to deceive— just the quiet, hidden spaces a woman needs to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Amen some moments are kept secret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Del. Some treasures are meant to be kept safely locked in the heart. Thank you for connecting with this piece! Your presence here is always appreciated. πŸŒΏπŸ•Š️

      Delete

What story defines romance for you?

Share your thoughts or recommendations below.

Let’s start a conversation about the intersection of love and literature—I’d love to hear from you.